Re: how to structure a DLL so that Forms can call it?

From: S.D. Whately <sdw_at_ardu.raaf.defence.gov.au>
Date: 1997/02/04

>Damon Bowman <dbowman2_at_ix.netcom.com> wrote in article =
><01bc0a41$4af42ec0$73795ecf_at_bowmand>...
>> Can someone tell me exactly how to create a DLL file containing a C++
>> function that will be called from a Forms program unit? I know we =
 need to
>> use the ORA_FFI package, and we have written the code to call the =
 function,
>> but we have apparently not done something right in creating the DLL. =
 The
>> error we get is that the function cannot be found.
>>=20

Adding __declspec(dllexport) before the function name is all I had to do to get it to work. Pitty ORA_FFI cannot retain the connection to the database. Reconnecting is a big performance hit and aslo creates security holes.

Steve Whately,       Email:  sdw_at_ardu.raaf.defence.gov.au
Phone:  AUST : (08) 393 2157  WORLD: 61 8 393 2157  FAX: 393 2712
Software Engineering Section, Aircraft Research and Development Unit Royal Australian Air Force, Edinburgh, South Australia, 5111. Received on Tue Feb 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message