Re: Oracle to WWW software

From: Poul Ludwig <pl_at_vue.dk>
Date: 1997/02/04

Richard Lloyd wrote:
> The problem is that if you are running the *infinitely* superior Apache
> WWW server already, you *DON'T* want to run Oracle's rather feature-less
> (apart from the Oracle interface) WWW server instead. Hence the need for
> some way to query the database and generate HTML without resorting to running
> Oracle's less-than-satisfactory WWW server. An Apache module would be the
> way to go and I'm sure would be very popular with most users in this group !
> Anyone written one ?
Hey, easy on the poor webserver ;-)

Anyway, you don't need to run the whole Oracle webserver. In version 1.0, it has two components - the Web Listener and the Web Agent. The Web Agent is the part generating HTML from the database it can be started from your superior webserver.

Good luck,

Sten Vesterli
TPI - Tom Pedersen International A/S
sev_at_tpi.dk Received on Tue Feb 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message