Designer/2000 rel 1.3.2 GPF!!!

From: Steve Chell <slc_at_stevensons.co.nz>
Date: 1997/02/02

Hi all,

I've installed Designer/2000 rel 1.3.2 for Windows 3.1, and I cannot get it to run. It always bombs out with a GPF when attempting to connect to the database.

The GPF occurs in application DES2K10, module MFC250.DLL at 000C:2E8A.

I've logged this with Oracle Support, but their suggestions thus far have not helped. Apparantly another GPF bug has been reported for that same module and address, and it turned out to be a SQL*NET related problem. Thinking this might be the problem in my case, I reinstalled the version of SQL*NET
(2.3.2.1.6) supplied on the Designer CD-ROM, but this has not
helped. All other Oracle products for Windows (Dev/2000, SQL*Plus, Browser) connect to the database without a problem.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem is?

(Database server versions: 7.1.6.2 and 7.3.2.1.
The GPF occurs when attempting to connect to either of these.)

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

Steve Chell
slc_at_stevensons.co.nz Received on Sun Feb 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message