Re: Oracle 6/7 performance problems

From: Lun Wing San (Oracle) <"Lun>
Date: 1997/02/01

Hugo B. Baake wrote:

> Is there anybody out there that could give me some hints on Oracle 6/7
> (Unix platform) performance problems. What to check first, where to look,
> etc.
> Are there any good books on Oracle performance tuning?

  In general, you need to query V$SESSTAT, V$SYSSTAT, examine the MONITOR in Server Monitor or run utlbstat.sql as the first step to identify the performance bottleneck. Once, you have identified the problems, you can use particular method to solve it. You can refer to the Oracle Performance Tuning Reference and Oracle Education Material.

---
[Quoted] Name   : Lun Wing San
Title  : Oracle Application Developer of Hong Kong Productivity Council
         Oracle Database Administrator and System Administrator of QRC
Phone  : (852)27885841