Q:help with Forms 4.5 defaults in Windows

From: Gary Assa <gsa_at_li.net>
Date: 1997/01/30

[Quoted] I can't find documentation anywhere, but how do I set the following defaults in Forms 4.5 in Dev 2000 1.2:

  1. Default directory so that when I start it up and want to open a file, it goes to a certain directory. I don't like that fact that it starts in /orawin/fors45. I spend way too much time changing directories. [Quoted]
  2. Why does Forms 4.5 start up assuming that I want to create a new form? I would like it to start up and allow me to choosw what I want, not read my mind and assume I always want to start a new form. Let's be real, most people start it up and want to edit/fix their existing forms. Why do I have to specifically close a 'new' form? [Quoted]
  3. When I do use 'open', why is the dafault *.* for filenames? I only want .fmb files to show. I have over 1000 files in my directory. I don't want to have to make an extra click to show only the 'fmb files? [Quoted]
  4. Why does Oracle insist on making these shitty defaults, and then not document how to change them (if you can do that at all)?
            http://www.li.net/~gsa/index.html
This is my signature file, not part of this mail message.