Re: FORMS ON THE WEB

From: Tarik Larfaoui <tlarfaou_at_spd.estec.esa.nl>
Date: 1997/01/30

Roya Mehrfar wrote:

> I need to create forms that access oracle database to not only display
> but also insert, update and delete. Do I have to wait for next release
> of developer 2000? or can I do it with web server and oracle ODBC. I
> have created dynamic web pages using IIS (internet information server)
> and oracle ODBC, but that only does the query.
> Thank you for any feedback.

I Think you can do it in a proper way with Oracle Web Server2.0 but you have to take care at the security in your application itself Even more if you want to insert and delete data in it.

I Think that the new release of DEsigner 2000 will more be a web generator and will take care of this aspect. how ever you can esealy implement it already with OWS. Received on Thu Jan 30 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message