Forms 4.5 Slow screen re-draws

From: Costin Rizan <crizan_at_infonet.ca>
Date: 1997/01/29

Hi,

  A couple of days ago I asked if there was a way to speed up Forms 4.5 when switching from one canvas to another. Thanks to all that have answered!

  What I'm basicaly doing is that I'm using one block per canvas per window and I give it a dialog look. The problem was that when I went Go_Block(X) the block would display on the new canvas but I would actually see the items redraw on by one (and flickering)

  I have found that using Synchronize in the When-New-Block-Instance trigger will make the display noticeably faster when that block displays. Instead of flickering for a few 10ths of a second it will display directly. This even works with one block that has a lot of code running in the background (on post-query triggers). I used to see all the items being displayed one by one. Now it just pops-up like a normal dialog would.

  Thanks again for all the help!

  Costin Received on Wed Jan 29 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message