Client on from NT 4.0 to Oracle 7.3.2 server on hp-unix box - can't ping???

From: George Dimopoulos <gdimopou_at_kamloops.env.gov.bc.ca>
Date: 1997/01/28

Hello

[Quoted] [Quoted] I am using the Oracle Ping test utility to test the connection [Quoted] [Quoted] from a NT Workstation version 4.0 to Oracle Server on HP-UX box?

I get following error

ORA-12545: TNS:name lookup failure

Any ideas?

I have my win.ini pointing to oracle.ini on my pc. oracle in is running tcp_vendor = winsock.

I have Oracle TCP/IP Adapter runningn for NT

I have network section pointing to orawin/network drive where, under the admin sub-directory, I have tnsnames.ora and sqlnet.ora present.

Please note, this all works fine under Windows 3.1 and Novel Netware 4.1.

Thanks in Advance
George D
Could answers be emailed to following
gdimopou_at_kamloops.env.gov.bc.ca Received on Tue Jan 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message