Re: Forms 4.5 upgrading problems

From: tony <theijst_at_pz001.lnv.agro.nl>
Date: 1997/01/28

> Hi there,
> I'm trying to upgrade (SQL*Menu 5.0) Menus to Forms 4.5 by using the
> Forms 4.5 Generator after a full database import from Oracle 6 to 7.3. I
> also installed all required Developer/2000 database tables and checked
> them but I'm still getting the error ORA-942: table or view does not
> exist. All needed grants seem to be given. (The database runs on Windows
> NT 3.51)
> I would appreciate any help on this subject (Oracle-Hotline remains

The problem with upgrading SQL*Menu 5.0 is that it works like a two step rocket. In order to upgrade your menu to Forms 4.5 you first have to install de Forms 4.0 tables. If I remeber correctly they are a part of the DEVELOPER/2000 package (I might be wrong on this one).

After you have installed the form 4.0 tables you have 'Push the ugrade button' 2 times. After the first time it wil upgrade your menu to the 4.0 tables. The next time you 'push the button' your menu will be upgraded to Forms 4.5.

Good luck
T.L. van Büüren van Heijst
Dedicate Information Technologie services Received on Tue Jan 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message