Re: FORMS45_PATH in Win95 Registry

From: Lee Fontaine <roadkill_at_pantheon.cis.yale.edu>
Date: 1997/01/26

John,
If the FORMS45_PATH entry behaves in W95 as it does in the .ini file you can include multpile directories, including those on networks, by seperating them with a semi-colon. (e.g. c:\first\path;f:\second\path;g:\third\path;... etc.) I don't believe this variable specifiies location of libraries, dlls, drivers etc. but rather only the location of the .fmx and other files related to the specific Forms application that you have developed.

Using the FORMS45_PATH you can specifiy multiple directories should you decide to store forms in multiple directories for a single application. This may be required for performance reasons. We have an "as-yet-to-be-deployed" application (we're still working out the bugs) that has over 800 .fmx files. Performance is improved significantly by storing the .fmx files in multiple subdirectories.

The installation guide has a fairly comprehensive listing of the variables found in the oracle.ini file or, as in the case of the 32 bit versions, entries in the operating system's registry.