Re: Forms 4.5 Slow screen draws

From: N Prabhakar <prabhs_at_po.pacific.net.sg>
Date: 1997/01/25

crizan_at_infonet.ca (Costin Rizan) wrote:
>Hi,
>
> I have noticed that Forms 4.5 is slow re-drawing the screen when I open
>up dialog type forms. Is there a way to optimize the PL/SQL code so that
>the screen doesn't flicker while loading up or redrawing forms?
>

> Also, lets say that I have a form that contains 2 dialog windows. When
>I use call_form from my application to load the first dialog everything
>works great. However, when I want to display the second dialog (by doing
>a go_block to the appropriate block) the dialog displays ok but loses
>focus. I have to actually click on it to give it back focus. Strange...
>Does anyone have a solution for that? (Besides splitting the 2 dialogs
>into 2 different forms? Which I might do if nothing else works)
>

>Thanks for your help!

Hi there,

When you try navigate to the new form, you can use WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE trigger to navigate to the first enterable field. This will focus the input on the first field and you do not need to click the mouse on the second form.

Hope the above helps you.

Regards

N.Prabhakar Received on Sat Jan 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message