Re: Conversion Tools Needs for SQL FORMS

From: N Prabhakar <prabhs_at_po.pacific.net.sg>
Date: 1997/01/25

"Structured Technologies, Inc." <pc_at_struct.com> wrote:
>I have been asked to convert an existing oracle Forms 2.3 application to
>use Forms 4.5.
>
>The application is UNIX based on users use DUMB terminals to run the char
>mode screen.
>
>1) are there any tools available that will take 2.3 and migrate to 3.x and
>then to 4.x
>
>2) 4.5 forms is designed for a client server type application, but can it
>be used via DUMB terminal (vt100, vt220, etc) in char mode
>
>Any help would be appreciated.
>
>PC

Hi there,

There are two types of forms 4.5 (Character based - MOTIF, Client server). You can convert existing forms 2.3 applications to 4.5 throgh products which are available in the market (Eg. Kumuran Systems product). I have not used it and not sure of how much it can convert. I think their web address is http://www.kumuran.com. Pls check out.

Regards

N.Prabhakar Received on Sat Jan 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message