Forms 4.5 Slow screen draws

From: Costin Rizan <crizan_at_infonet.ca>
Date: 1997/01/24

Hi,

[Quoted] [Quoted]   I have noticed that Forms 4.5 is slow re-drawing the screen when I open up dialog type forms. Is there a way to optimize the PL/SQL code so that the screen doesn't flicker while loading up or redrawing forms?

  Also, lets say that I have a form that contains 2 dialog windows. When I use call_form from my application to load the first dialog everything works great. However, when I want to display the second dialog (by doing a go_block to the appropriate block) the dialog displays ok but loses focus. I have to actually click on it to give it back focus. Strange... Does anyone have a solution for that? (Besides splitting the 2 dialogs into 2 different forms? Which I might do if nothing else works)

Thanks for your help!

later!

Costin Received on Fri Jan 24 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message