Critical Oracle Browser 2.0 Bug

From: Dylan Cooper <dylan_at_desert.ocm>
Date: 1997/01/23

I am using Oracle Browser 2.0.9.2.5 on Solaris 2.5 and have encountered a bug that renders it pretty much worthless, unless there is a workaround.

I created an enduser business area containing several tables. Later I added two columns to one of the tables in that business area. When I then accessed this table though the enduser dictionary, the added columns did not appear. I tried removing the table from the business area and then re-adding it. The columns still did not appear.

It appears that browser's map of the table structure is fixed to what it was at the time the business area was created.

Has anyone else seen this behavior? Have a work-around?

Thanks.
dylan_at_desert.com

Please cc: your response to the above address. Received on Thu Jan 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message