Re: good books on pl/sql

From: John Hough <q6y_at_ornl.gov>
Date: 1997/01/23

amit srivastava wrote:

> Can somebody tell me which are the good books for pl/sql
> reference/quide?
> And sqlplus and sql related books for Oracle?
>
> Thank you.

Amit

I really like the "Oracle PL/SQL Programming" book. It is written by Scott Urman and published by Oracle Press. I have been writing serious PL/SQL for less than 2 years and it has been a life saver. I have heard others say good things about the O'Reilly book on PL/SQL, but have not used it myself. The best third-party general Oracle book is probably the "Oracle, The Complete Reference", by Kevin Loney. It is also published by Oracle Press. The Oracle Press books are available at many commercial book stores and on the web at most of the Internet Book Stores. My favorite is www.illumine.com, but Osborne (the publisher) also has the books at www.osborne.com.

Hope this helps,

John Hough Received on Thu Jan 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message