Designer 2000 item level triggers??

From: FCDN <FCDN_at_concentric.net>
Date: 1997/01/22

[Quoted] We are developing systems in ORACLE Designer/2000.

It is our goal to do 100% in the tool development. Our definition of 100%
in the tool is to create the .FMB files using Designer/2000.

We have heard that there are workarounds to the inability to execute item level validation on the client side.

We can create and execute database triggers without a problem, but the user is not informed until commit time.

It seems to us that if we could launch a procedure from the item, we could include validation and other functional activities.

Does anyone know how to provide access to procedures at the item level on the client side.

[Quoted] If I didn't ask the question right      OR
If I didn't ask the right question      OR
If I didn't ask enough questions

   Please help me out.

I hear that access to the event model will be available on the client side in
Designer/2000 version 2.0 How accurate is that and what is your level
of confidence that it will happen and that it will work?

Thanks Received on Wed Jan 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message