Help needed with strange constraint problem

From: Dwayne K. King <dwayne_at_dwayne.FreeNet.Kiev.UA>
Date: 1997/01/22

Hi.

[Quoted] [Quoted] I am having a very weird problem with a stored procedure. The procedure returns [Quoted] [Quoted] a BOOLEAN. Running it from SQL*Plus (many times) generates the expected behaviour. The procedure is fairly complex and uses dynamic sql to enable and disable constraints as it goes.

[Quoted] The problem is this. Under Plus, all works perfectly. However, when I call it from a form (using exactly the same syntax), it craps out and generates a "form raised unhandled constraint ORA-2298 ..." message. This is the famous Unable to ENABLE constraint exception.

Two questions.

  1. how can I see _which_ constraint
  2. why is this even happening? Three people have looked at this with me and walk away shrugging. Same parameters, same data, one way works, one way fails.

I am at my wits end with this one, so any help is appreciated.

TIA

--
[Quoted] Dwayne K. King              | "Things are more like they are now than
Computer Systems Advisor,   |  they ever were before." -