Kumaran experiences?

From: TNasset <tnasset_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/01/21

I am working for a company which has a large v3.0 forms application. As enhancements/additions have been needed, a 'parallel' application has been developed using Designer 2000 and v4.5 forms. The new forms are added to the 'new' application and any v3.0 forms that are being replaced are taken off of the old menu.

We are now at the point that we would like to convert all remaining 3.0 forms to 4.5. One of the options that we are investigating is using Kumaran's conversion tool. Since we have already have 4.5 forms in production, we are wondering how well Kumaran will be able to mimic the look and feel of existing forms as well as incorporate the preferences and template we have developed for CASE generation. Many of the forms to be converted have a great deal of custom code in them, so starting from scratch will not be easy either. I would like to hear from anyone who has used this tool and what their experience has been.

Thanks

Tracy Nasset
tnasset_at_aol.com Received on Tue Jan 21 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message