Re: Oracle Reports 2.5 turning off page formatting (page breaks) for destype: file

From: jan <cjd_at_tdk.dk>
Date: 1997/01/21

Jason Gerard wrote:

> When running reports in character mode with a destype to file,
> you can specify directory and filename. ie: C:\temp\aaaaa.txt
>
> The problem I'm having is how can I format the report to generate
> this text file so the page formatting does not exist. In other words
> one continuous file.
>
> I've looked in the manual and can't seem to find how to eliminate
> page breaks. The only thing close is to make the page height larger,
> but there seems to be a limit of 500 inches on this parameter.
>
> Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

You have to design the report so no lines wrap e.i. all fields have fixed lenght and height.

Then you have to run the report in character mode using a printer definition file like

  printer "lo_no_ff"

    height 1

    width 2000

    return control(M)

    after page

etc.

the width must be larger than your record length and if you don't write anything after: after page reports won't print form feed and page eject

This has worked from me

Jan Danvill cjd_at_tdk.dk Received on Tue Jan 21 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message