Re: deployment of forms 4.5 application

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1997/01/20

In article <01bc04bc$2e457d40$6d2893d0_at_mercury>, apson <apone_at_megamed.com> wrote:

> I am deploying one forms4.5 application. I want to disable some
> function keys at run time in my forms application. can anyone tell
> me how to do it. One way i know is to modify the terminal resource
> file. But it gives some error. during runtime.

If you change the terminal resource file, your change affects all forms you run. Not a good idea.

You can set up a key-others form-level trigger, and no keys will work except the ones you want to allow. To allow the key-trigger, you have to set up a key-whatever trigger, and in it do its associated command. Be SURE to create a key-exit trigger if you do this.

If you just want to disable a specific trigger or two, set up a keytrigger  for those, and instead of inserting the associated command, give it a NULL; command, or a message command to say something like, "That key is not allowed".

HTH
Steve Cosner Received on Mon Jan 20 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message