Re: Unlimited Use Watcom SQL?

From: Jim Yoshii <yoshii_at_planet.net>
Date: 1997/01/19

Will Estes wrote:

> Watcom used to produce a single-workstation SQL Server that could be
> bundled with any commercial application for no runtime royalty
> charges. Does the product still exist in any form?
>
> If not, is there any high-performance database product that can be
> bundled with a commercial application with no additional royalties?
>
> --
> Will Estes U.S. Computer
> Internet: westes_at_usc.com POB 3150
> Saratoga, CA 95070
> FAX: 408-446-1013
The product is now called SQL Sybase Anywhere (Powersoft bought Watcom then Sybase bought Powersoft). I believe the licensing works the same (Powerbuilder comes with Watcom, er, SQL Sybase Anywhere and you can freely distribute PB apps with this database royalty free).

HTH

--
        James H. Yoshii
Intellitech Business Solutions