Re: Alerting clients when records have been updated

From: Jurij Modic <jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si>
Date: 1997/01/15

Barry Tallis wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there anyway to have the server alert a client when a change, has
> been made to a table without the client having to poll a pipe every
> second or so.
>
> - Barry Tallis
> - tallisb_at_videx.com

If you are using Oracle 7.+ (I'm not sure from witch version on) then you can achive this with appropriate database trigger and supplied package DBMS_ALERT.

Refards, Jure

 ! Jurij Modic                            Republic of Slovenia !
 !  tel: +386 61 178 55 14                Ministry of Finance  !
 !  fax: +386 61  21 45 84                Zupanciceva 3        !
 !  e-mail: jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si  Ljubljana 1000       !