Forms automatic recovery from db failure

From: BEtter5150 <better5150_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/01/14

I have a form (Forms 4.5 NT4.0) that must run continuously very VERY LONG periods of time with no user intervention. I am having a fair amount of success. NT4.0 takes care of network failures and I have set up ON-ERROR and WHEN-TIMER-EXPIRED triggers to handle Oracle if it goes down. (Please email me for more info). My problem is this: How can I, a lowly programmer with no dba rights, simulate an Oracle failure without going into the computer room and pooring water over the RS6000 server? ;) I tried a button that issues the LOGOUT built-in, but I'm afraid this won't cover everything.
Thank for your help.

Barry Etter
Oracle Programmer/Analyst
Unifi, Inc. Received on Tue Jan 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message