report 2.5 problem(s)

From: Scott Whitehead <shw_at_io.com>
Date: 1997/01/14

being a new commer to the report 2.5 world, I have been recently playing with the report 2.5 CBT. Eventhough it shows the basics of creating report, I am having difficulty understaing some of its' features. For instance the following is a quote from CREATING AND RUNNING A REPORT
     CREATING A DATA MODEL:

[Quoted] 		A BREAK COLUMN WILL OVERRIDE THE GROUP BY CLAUSE
		IN THE SELECT STATEMENT.

I don't know what I am doing wrong, but the above statement is incorrect. The order by clause WILL ALWAYS override the break column. Is this not true?

[Quoted] Also I can not get a column to print only once like good old BREAK ON column in Sql*Plus.

[Quoted] I can write most of reports in Sql*Plus So, Why do I want to use report 2.5 ?

I am still waiting for the report manual. Is there going to be lot of discussion in the manual about different things or not?

Here are some spec info:

		Report 2.5.5.0.12
		Server 7.2.2.4.1	(even though the Oracle Sever version is 7.3.x)

		CBT Courceware engine 3.05
		VBX version 3.6

Please let me know what I am doing wrong? thanks,
Hamidf Received on Tue Jan 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message