Re: Designer/2000 and the web

From: Jacek Dobosz <jdob_at_ping.at>
Date: 1997/01/12

On Tue, 07 Jan 1997 14:02:55 +0000, Guy van den Berg <gberg_at_uk.poppe.com> wrote:

>Hi there,
>I am just looking around for some tools to help the production of
>dynamic web pages. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with
>Designer/2000 and producing applcations for the web. From the documents
>I have read the PL/SQL generated is just run on the web server is this
>correct?
>
>Any thoughts about Designer/2000 and web dev please let me know.
>
>Thnx
>g.
>--
>G.h.van den Berg - Oracle/SQL Server DBA
> gberg_at_europe.poppe.com
> Poppe Tyson Europe
> http://www.poppe.com/

The web generator which is the part of designer/200 is capable to generate dynamic pages. The current release ( 1.3 ) generates query only modules based on database and module design which are stored in the repository. The output from web generator is a pl/sql stored procedure which creates dynamic html stream and may be executed by OWA ( Oracle Web Agent which is the part of Oracle Web Server ) in any web browser.
In the next release of designer/2000 ( 1.3.2 ) which comes soon, will be able to generate web modules with insert, update delete capability.

jacek Received on Sun Jan 12 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message