Re: Migration from 6 to 7 Question

From: Emil Hahn Pedersen <ehp_at_ramboll.dk>
Date: 1997/01/10

The migrate utility does recreate your existing tables in the new database (Oracle 7). But I would not advise you to use the migrate function. The reason is that all your existing tablespaces and datafiles (from vers. 6.0) won't be removed, and eventually you will end up with quite a messy database.

Instead I recommend you install Version 7.x and export the data from your version 6 database. This might ofcourse bring some complications if you do not intent to install on a different server, or if you do not have enough space on your existing server.

--
Yours faithfully

Emil Hahn Pedersen
ehp_at_ramboll.dk / ehp_at_datatid.dk

The Mailman <defili66_at_futures.wharton.upenn.edu> wrote in article
<5b3mp8$qnt_at_netnews.upenn.edu>...