Reports 2.5/Updating Database question

From: Martin J. Drabik <mdrabik_at_bio.ri.ccf.org>
Date: 1997/01/03

I'm not too experienced with Reports 2.5, and this seems like a simple question,
but I can't get a handle on it at all. I have a simple one page report that is
reporting records from a single table based upon record creation date, so for any
run none, one, or several records are retrieved. I want to stamp the reported
record with a date and time that its report is created. How can I do this? The
manual cautions against DML in the Between Pages trigger which updates the table
being queried, plus I'd have a problem with the last page. I could do all the
updates in the After Report trigger, but should something go awry in the middle
of the run, I'd still like those records which were reported to be stamped (or is
that an unreasonable expectation?). Any pointers in the right direction would be
appreciated.

Martin Received on Fri Jan 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message