Re: Forms 4.5 - Ordering by Non-DB field + Other Q's

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1997/01/03

In article <32CB3470.37F0_at_world.std.com>, Selwyn Wies <scwies_at_world.std.com> wrote:
>1) Any ideas on a simple way to order records in a block (based on a
>table) by a non-database field ?

[Quoted] Easy? Surely you gest! You could write your own cursor and use decode in the select statement to achieve a different order. The order by would be based on the values returned by the decode function.

>3) GPF's. What tools are available for detecting why these are occuring?

[Quoted] I don't know of any. Probably GPF's (stands for Gates Pension Fund, doesn't it?) are due to your next question.

>4) Application also does not allow too many forms to be open at the same
>time; what is a reasonable number of forms that you could expect to have
>open at the same time (100Mhz, 32MB, WIN95)?

I'm sure it depends on how much memory each form consumes, along with what other applications you have running. I often run with the Forms designer plus several forms open at the same time with no problem. My machine is similar to yours, but have Win31.

Regards,
Steve Cosner Received on Fri Jan 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message