Re: Designer/2000 ERD Cardinalities

From: Mirwais Qader <mq_at_wohl.slh.wisc.edu>
Date: 1997/01/03

Robert Gordon wrote:

> Could someone please explain the cardinality symbols for D/2000 ERD's?
> I am familiar with IDEF1X and IE symbologies, but I cannot figure this
> out - particularly which end is which for the different symbols (and I
> have RTFM)! Thanks
>
> - Robert Gordon

[Quoted] As far as I know, here it is:

[Quoted] [Quoted] Oracle Entity-Relationship Modeling Convention:

[Quoted] Each Source Entity [May be or Must be] relationship name [one and only one or one or more] destination entity.

  • Has ---------- [Quoted] | E1 | >------------- - - - - - | E2 |
  • Belongs To ----------

[Quoted] E2 Belongs To One or More E1 or E2 Belongs To atleast one possibly many E1
E1 May have one and only one E2

   ---

Optionality:

    [Quoted]