Date Manipulationan Someone Help - PLEASE ???

From: BC Computing Limited <BCCOMP_at_bccomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/01/02

[Quoted] Hi there,

        First off, Happy New Year.

[Quoted]         Now to the problem at hand, I have an input form written in
        FORMS 4.5, with a date entry field, I want the user to be able
        to enter the date in any format, but to store it and display it
        in DD-MMM-YYYY format.

        Yes, it's probably very simple but I've only just finished
        celebrating and I can't quite get my head round it at the
        moment.

        Any help will be greatly appreciated and warmly received, get
        again - HAPPY NEW YEAR - Hope to here from someone soon.

        Please reply to CHRIS_at_bccomp.demon.co.uk as I don't get to check
        the Newsgroups every day, Thanks a Lot...

T.T.F.N

                                        \\||//
                                        (_at_  @)

|Chris Prince, Systems Analyst | BC Computing Limited |
|Tel +44 1924 - 223375 | Ripley Drive |
|Fax +44 1924 - 223376 | Normanton Industrial Estate |
|Email - CHRIS_at_bccomp.demon.co.uk | Normanton |
| | West Yorkshire |
|Thanks in Advance %-) | WF6 1RY |
| | UNITED KINGDOM |
|The views / information expressed within this document are my own,|
|and therefore not neccessarily those of BC Computing Limited. |