Re: Forms 4.5 - Ordering by Non-DB field + Other Q's

From: Dave Macpherson <dave_at_fifthd.ca>
Date: 1997/01/02

On Thu, 2 Jan 1997 04:07:12 GMT, Selwyn Wies <scwies_at_world.std.com> wrote:

>1) Any ideas on a simple way to order records in a block (based on a
>table) by a non-database field ?
>
>2) List Items with less than 3 records show up very small on screen
>(WIN95).
>
>3) GPF's. What tools are available for detecting why these are occuring?
>
>4) Application also does not allow too many forms to be open at the same
>time; what is a reasonable number of forms that you could expect to have
>open at the same time (100Mhz, 32MB, WIN95)?
>
>I would appreciate any help offered.
>
>Selwyn Wies

To answer #1, I normally create a view that includes the non-database field as a column within the view. Then you can base your block on the view instead and order by this column.

Sorry I don't have any good answers for the rest of your questions.

Regards,
Dave Macpherson Received on Thu Jan 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message