Re: Problems creating Jobs in Enterprise Manager on NT

From: Goran Korsgren <goran_at_champion.se>
Date: 1997/01/02

In article <32BAD813.79DD_at_fi.oracle.com>, Marko Helskyaho <mhelskya_at_fi.oracle.com> wrote:

> Hi !
>
> The problem you have seems to be, that you don't have the line for your
> agent in the topology.ora -file.
>
> These lines are from my testing environment, Win95 - WinNT 3.51.
>
> TOPOLOGY.ORA:
> markon_hima_nt.world = (ORACLE_DATABASE,markon_hima_nt,LISTENER)
> markon_hima_nt_agent.world = (ORACLE_AGENT, markon_hima_nt)
>
> The agent should also be configured in the TNSNAMES.ORA -file.
>
> There will be soon available version 1.3 of Enterprise Manager.
> The agents work fine in the Unix environments, but the agent v.1.2.2
> in the NT isn't too stable.
>
> Merry Christmas !!
>
> Regards
> Marko Helskyaho
>
> Senior Consultant
> Oracle Finland Oy

Thanks for all the help!

Now I can create jobs! It seems that the problem was that I didn't had the Agent-info-line
in the topology.ora-file.
[Quoted] (Where in the documentation is this documented?? I can't find it anywhere).

But the jobs won't run!
[Quoted] Anybody out there having some tips for me?

I dont now if there's something wrong with the OracleAgent-process or with the dbsnmp user.
[Quoted] According to NT the OracleAgent is running, I checked it via the Services-panel and
via the DOS-command NET START.
[Quoted] But if I enter LSNRCTL and issue the DBSNMP_STATUS-command it says: The db subagent is not started. When I then do: DBSNMP_START
and try again with DBSNMP_STATUS
it still says: The db subagent is not started.

[Quoted] I've created the repository as the oracle-user sysman. So it is sysman that owns the repository tables. I've created the oracle-user dbsnmp through the catsnmp.sql-script.

When I try to log on OEM with user dbsnmp I get VAX-14001: The repository (version 1.1)
is not compatible with Enterprise Manager (version 1.2.2). It works fine with sysman.

Regards

Göran Korsgren
ChampionChip AB
Stockholm Received on Thu Jan 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message