Re: Database Function Out Parameters Incorrect?

From: Dan Townsend <townsend_at_ebmud.com>
Date: 1997/01/02

Nick,
Actually, I agree with your statement. However, when we wrote the application, exceptions would not cross the application- -database boundary very well. Since we needed to have actions invoked and know the result, we used functions in place of procedures, with the return code indicating success or failure of the request. So, along with this apparent bug, it is all really Oracle's fault for not providing a better development environment! Anyway, thanks for your input.

--
[Quoted] | Dan Townsend, Supervising Database Architect