Re: Dev/2000 1.3 Experience?

From: Nick Butcher <nickb_at_btinternet.com>
Date: 1997/01/01

I have been using the 32 bit version of 1.3 (Windows 95) for some 6 months, mostly with satisfaction. It's a vast improvement over 1.2 stability wise. I also had the 16 bit 1.2 co-existing happily on the same PC for compilation/test purposes.
When I upgraded the 16 bit version to 1.3.2 it messed up my 32 bit installation (Oracle support had no idea of what to do), so I had to re-install everything.
A colleague at work is still using Win31 and has recently upgraded to 1.3.2 and is mainly pleased with the result.
The moral here I think is to do your development in a 32 bit environment but keep another machine with a 16 bit environment for generating and testing executables for your Win31 clients.

Dan Townsend <townsend_at_ebmud.com> wrote in article <32C9365C.7848_at_ebmud.com>...