Re: NLS_DATE_FORMAT & W95 Doesn't Work

From: Nick Butcher <nickb_at_btinternet.com>
Date: 1997/01/01

[Quoted] As you wish to use a 4 digit year the RR option is of no use to you (and it doesn't seem to work in Forms anyway)
Message 1843 is 'not a valid month' so it would appear that Oracle is expecting something like 'AUG' instead of '08' which would be correct for tha AMERICAN NLS_LANG setting.
The NLS_DATE_FORMAT parameter IS the one to use. Try using TOOL_ENV.GETVAR procedure to query the setting at runtime. This is documented in the Procedure Builder Devleloper's Guide and a small form built around this can be quite useful in debugging your applications.

[Quoted] D. Scott Moyer, Jr. <dmoyer_at_gpu.com> wrote in article <32c7da18.6860736_at_internet.gpuc.com>...