Retrieving DOS File Information from FORMS

From: Ross Ellard <Ellard_at_DMLIS.zynet.co.uk>
Date: 1996/12/23

I was wondering if anybody could help me determine whether it is possible to meet our requirement.

As part of our Forms 4.5 application we wish to put togeher an ABOUT form to provide the standard help information on the application/form itself. This is similar to the ABOUT found on many other windows applications.

Part of the information we wish to display is about the FMX file itself. The FILENAME and DIRECTORY of the currently executing form has been extracted using standard form built ins. Proving a bit more difficult is determining the CREATION DATE and SIZE of the executing file.

There would appear to be no built in to gather this specific information so do I have to call some standard windows DLL using ORA_FFI? If so what is the DLL I need and can anybody help with the calling syntax within PL/SQL.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Ross Ellard. Received on Mon Dec 23 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message