Re: ODBC drivers for Win95 & VB4 via RDO

From: Vance Pan <support_at_simbatech.com>
Date: 1996/12/22

Gordon Cartwright wrote:

> I am having trouble finding an ODBC driver to access Oracle on Solaris via VB4
> and RDO running on Windows 95. Do you have any recommendations?
>
> Our troubles so far:
> The Visigenic driver supplied with VB4 doesn't work on Windows 95
> Oracles driver is only level 1 compliant, so can't be used with RDO
> The Intersolv driver doesn't support parameters
> The Openlink driver seems to support parameters, but I can't get output values
> from OUT or IN OUT parameters on stored procedures (This may just be me being
> thick).
Hi,

I assume that you have not yet tried the Simba Oracle ODBC drivers included in SimbeExpress?

SimbaExpress is compliant with ODBC 2.5 Core and Level 1/level 2 funtions.

Vance

Vance Pan                        mailto:support_at_simbatech.com
Simba Technologies Inc.

To download a free version of SimbaExpress, visit http://www.simbatech.com/express

To find out more about Simba Software Development Kits, visit http://www.simbatech.com/sdk