Re: Larger than 2G Raw partitions on 4.2 Dynix

From: Laurent P. Montaron <montaron_at_luberon.eurecom.fr>
Date: 1996/12/22

>If I read you post correctly you seem to be having problems creating
>files of greater than 2 GB. This is a typical limit with 32 bit Oracle.

There is no such limit with an up to date version of Oracle. You are probably referring to a PC version of Oracle? ptx versions are > 2GB capable.

If you have trouble with > 2GB file, double-check your version of Oracle with you Oracle tech support. > 2GB support is available on Oracle 7.2.3 and higher for Sequent ptx.

--
Laurent Montaron                                    sylvestre_at_world-company.com
75005 Paris, France, Europe                         meow_at_pobox.com