Q! OLE2 Automation and MS Excel.

From: Kipitin <nazar_at_msn.com>
Date: 1996/12/20

Hello all,

I've been trying, with no success, to start up Excel from whithin a Forms 4.5 PL/SQL application. Oracle's Online Books and Help offer little help.

What I basically want is to startup Excel and Insert a few rows of data. Online help offers a few sketchy examples. I've tryied

        declaration
                xl OLE2.OBJ_TYPE;
        begin
                xl := OLE2.ACTIVATE_OBJECT('Excel.Application.5');

and all that. Anybody know of how to make Excel visible? Has anybody come accross any refrences on how to translate Excel's Visual Basic into PL/SQL?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I thank all in advance.

Naz. Received on Fri Dec 20 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message