Re: Creating a user from forms 4.5

From: Chris Kimpton <Chris.Kimpton_at_ubs.com>
Date: 1996/12/20

Hello Iain,

Iain Crawford wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I would be grateful if somebody out there could tell me how to issue a
> create user command from inside a form. I have a couple of variables
> that contain the user login and the role that needs to be associated
> with them.
> If i just do a create user within a trigger i get all sorts of wonderful
> error messages.
> Any help gratefully appreciated
>
> --
> Iain Crawford

You need to use one of the standard packages to issue the commands, because they are not valid pl/sql commands. There is a package that lets you issue all sql commands (I forget the name), but all you do is construct a string, like 'create user abc identified by abc' and pass this to the command.

You then call it again with your grant role command.

Regards,
Chris Received on Fri Dec 20 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message