UserName control from procedures...

From: Chad M. Hegerty <t75cmh1_at_sr-server.rossnutrition.com>
Date: 1996/12/19

[Quoted] [Quoted] We wish to set up a package containing stored procedures to add new users to our database and also to allow changing of the passwords. We wish to put [Quoted] these items in a package so that we can call them from our application program (written in Powerbuilder and/or VB). We found out that the ALTER command (and I assume the CREATE USER command) cannot be called from within [Quoted] a PL/SQL code block.

Is there a way to issue ALTER USER and CREATE USER commands from within a procedure/function? What are some ways that this can be accomplished?

We would like the users to be able to add a user to our system and have that user added to ORACLE via a CREATE USER command. Can this be done?

Thanks in advance...

---
Chad M. Hegerty (t75cmh1_at_sr-server.rossnutrition.com)
Phone: 614.624.3988
Fax: 614.624.5675