Re: Using VB as a front end to Oracle

From: Kalman Skulski <Kal_Skulski_at_mindlink.bc.ca>
Date: 1996/12/19

You can use Oracle Objects 4 OLE. (from Oracle)

It is a layer on top of sql*net.

I don't have any speed comparisons. But you do everything in native oracle sql or plsql.

It supports it own implimentation of dynasets etc.

The nice thing is you skip ODBC altogther. But watch out for interactions with other program or products.

--
Kalman Skulski              Kal_Skulski_at_mindlink.bc.ca
Western Software Solutions  V:(604) 589-9066
#202-10090 152nd Street     F:(604) 589-0725
Surrey, BC