Sql*loader TAB problems

From: Steve Dodsworth <steven_dodsworth_at_qsp.co.uk>
Date: 1996/12/17

[Quoted] Hello all,

[Quoted] I have a problem with sqlloader or sqlplus. I have written a script that will download a table into csv format ready for sqlload'ing back into a table.

[Quoted] One of the fields is a char(8) with a data value of 'BG6 '. When this field is downloaded and concatenated with the delimiters, e.g.
^BG6 ^
Oracle replaces the 5 remaining spaces with a tab and a space (used dumpfile to prove it.).

[Quoted] When I sqlload this file back into the table, it inserts the tab after the 3 characters thus invalidating and where clause that tries to find it. e.g.
..where field='BG6 '...
will fail.

[Quoted] Does any one have the answer to this problem - some setting in sqlloader for example.

[Quoted] Any help would be appreciated, thanks
Steve Received on Tue Dec 17 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message