Re: determining users access levels

From: Scott Urman <surman_at_dlsun338.us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/12/17

In article <32B6FEF2.3A0C_at_hort.cri.nz>, Mike West <mwest_at_hort.cri.nz> writes:
|> I am writing an application using paradox as the front end to an oracle
|> database. I want to be be able to test to see what role a user has
|> assigned and use this to determine what menus etc to give the user
|> access to. Is there an easy way in PL/SQL to test to see if a user
|> belongs to a certain role???

You can query the dba_role_privs table. This contains the roles in the database, and who they are granted to.

Scott Urman Oracle Corporation surman_at_us.oracle.com

Author of _Oracle PL/SQL Programming_ ISBN 0-07-882176-2 Published by Oracle Press - http://www.osborne.com/oracle/index.htm

"The opinions expressed here are my own, and are not necessarily that of  Oracle Corporation"