Re: Forms 4.5 Question--"File Open" dialog box???

From: Dan Chen <chen_at_informed.net>
Date: 1996/12/17

mboduch_at_interaccess.com wrote:

> After many years of working with the Oracle C/S tools I suddenly find
> myself at a loss for a solution to what would seem to be a trivial
> problem.
>
> I'm using the text_io built-in package to access ASCII data on a DOS
> FAT filesystem and I'd like to be able to allow the user of the
> application to specify the location and name of the file by using a
> standard windows dialog box (just like every other windows program
> allows--you know, select your drive, then your directory, then the
> filename.) I just can't seem to figure out a decent way to do it in
> Forms 4.5. My first thought was to use a VBX control if only I could
> locate the appropriate VBX. I tried cmdialog.vbx and got absolutely
> nowhere (of course I could have been doing something wrong.)
>
> I believe that Oracle intends to natively support this functionality
> in a future release of the tool, but for now I'm left hanging.
>
> If anyone knows of a relatively clean way of doing this (short of,
> say, using Excel's method via OLE,) I'd really appreciate hearing
> about it.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help offered.
>
> Mike
We trid VBX with Dev2K version 1.2 (16-bit version) on win 95 before, [Quoted] it worked well. But after we upgraded to 1.3 (32-bit) on win 95 and NT 4.0, we hit the wall. So currently we have the same problem. 1.3 only partially supports OCX, that is not enugh to let a user browse the file system.

Dan Received on Tue Dec 17 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message