Cursor-handling in Forms 4.5

From: Jens Lechtenboerger <Jens.Lechtenboerger_at_Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
Date: 1996/12/17

Hi there!

[Quoted] [Quoted] I've some problems with too many cursors staying open in a Forms 4.5 application.

I queried v$open_cursor while my application was running and found that every select, insert, update and delete leaves a cursor open.

Moreover, my own cursors opened from PL/SQL Program Units stay open, although I do an explicit close every time.

Answering to an earlier posting some people told me that the only thing I could do was setting open_cursors as high as needed.

Any further hints?
Or is this a serious bug which makes Forms kind of useless?

Thanks in advance,

        Jens Lechtenboerger

P.S.: Setting the Cursor Mode Property to Open or Close has no

      significant effect. Received on Tue Dec 17 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message