Re: Q: Oracle WebServer installation/configuration problems

From: Rudi Demeulenaere <rdm_at_datafront.be>
Date: 1996/12/17

Joel R. Kallman wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Dec 1996 20:58:39 -0500, Charles Chen
> <htchen_at_ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> >2. What should I put as the SQL*Net v2 service?
> >

> This is related to your earlier posting about the Oracle Listener.
> You should enter for the "SQL*Net v2 service" the name you have given
> the Oracle SID in your TNSNAMES.ORA file. By virtue of the error
> message below, it sounds like you don't have one in your TNSNAMES.ORA
> (btw, the default location for the TNSNAMES.ORA, LISTENER.ORA,etc.is
> in $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin). You can generate one of these pretty
> easily using the SQL*Net Easy Configuration utility.

This may sound obvious, but the SQLNet-service has to be declared on the machine carrying the Oracle Web Server (not necessarily the machine with the Oracle Database Server). Chances are that this is *not* the machine carrying the HTML-client.

Rudi Demeulenaere
rdm_at_datafront.be Received on Tue Dec 17 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message