Re: Power Objects CurRow pointer

From: Mike Kranzdorf <mikek_at_krt.com>
Date: 1996/12/17

> I am using a list box with the following translation:
> =AT sessionname SELECT name, number FROM database ORDER BY name
> With the datatype set to long.
>

> This gives a very nice list of names from my database, with the underlying
> value of number. No problem. Trouble comes when I try to use the
> PostChange() procedure to update the form in which the list is embeded. I
> tried to use the list value (which should be number linked to my name
> field) to move the form's recordset to the selected value. No dice. There
> is no other code except in the list's PostUpdate() and that simply gets the
> forms RecordSet, moves though the RecordSet from i = 1 to NumRecords and
> calling RecordSet.SetColVal(i), until the value of the list is equal to the
> value of the current Recordset.column("number").

Two things to look at. First, you might need an "inherited.postchange()" in your postchange method. Second, make sure the recordset you are searching is complete, i.e. is set to FetchAllRows. The other way to do this is to unlink the master and detail and have the postchange get the record directly instead of searching through all the rows, which could get quite large. In postchange, you can do something like "frmDetail.queryWhere(detail.fk = self.pk)"

Mike Kranzdorf              mikek_at_krt.com
Kranzco Realty Trust        http://www.krt.com
Oracle Power Objects FAQ http://www.krt.com/mac/opofaq.html Received on Tue Dec 17 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message