Re: NT export/import 2 gig limit

From: raj Agarwal <rka.ra_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1996/12/16

"BOC Station" <mark.finkel_at_us.gases.boc.com> wrote:
>There appears to be a limit of 2 Gigabytes on the NT version of the Oracle
>import/export utility.
>
>Can anyone confirm this?
>
>Is there any simple workaround?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Mark Finkel

The limit is probably of the NT operating system as being a 32 bit system max file size is probably 2G (at least that is the way it is on 32bit UNIX systems.)

I have got around this on UNIX by either splitting the exported tables into multiple exports (in cases where there are multiple tables to be exported) or in the case of a single table larger than 2G export I have used unix pipes & compress to get past the 2G limit.(Ofcourse a really large table even when compressed may be greater than 2G - in which case some other soln will be required - haven't had need to figure out this case yet). U may be able to use the first method onNT also. Don't know NT to say whether the second solution is feasible on NT.

Hope this helps.

raj agarwal
RKA technology Inc.
908 464 8003 Received on Mon Dec 16 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message