Re: SetItemProperty in Forms 4.5/ Developer 2000

From: Subbu Turimella <subbu_at_netforce.com>
Date: 1996/12/16

Peter H. Larsen wrote:

> Subbu Turimella <subbu_at_netforce.com> wrote in article
> <32B1E29A.BC0_at_netforce.com>...
> > I am trying to create a text item in a form and dynamically assign the
> > high and low ranges to item in the when_new_item_instance trigger.
> > I could not figure out the property I should use. When I use RANGE_LOW/
> > RANGE_HIGH it compiles fine but give a run time error.
>
> Try using a field-reference in the property instead of a constant.
This is how my when_new_item_instance trigger looks like:

declare

        field_name varchar2(200);
begin

	field_name := 'BLOCK1.ITEM6';
	set_item_property(field_name, RANGE_LOW, 10);
	set_item_property(field_name, RANGE_HIGH, 20);
end;

is that what you mean by field-reference in the property instead of a constant?

> > Anybody tried this before?
> What's the runtime errormessage you get?
I get:
FRM-41042: No such property for Set_Item_Property

--
email:  subbu_at_netforce.com
Ph:     (415) 954-7028